Vision Mission Beliefs
Pathfinder Vision, Mission and Beliefs
The Pathfinder K-8 community envisions a school in which students are empowered to be inquisitive and versatile thinkers who value diversity, pursue their passions, reach their potential and become advocates for our world.
Pathfinder K-8 is a diverse and inclusive community where students are engaged in learning both inside and outside the classroom. We support the intellectual, social, emotional, creative and physical growth of all of our children. We teach our students to recognize and value their own individual skills and unique intelligence, as well as those of others.
- Pathfinder K-8 is a welcoming, accepting and inclusive school community where teaching kindness, empathy, compassion and respect create a safe and supportive learning environment.
- High academic and behavioral standards are essential elements in the development and success of each student. While striving for academic excellence, Pathfinder K-8 is committed to the whole child, utilizing progressive and alternative methods.
- Our school community is strengthened and deeper learning is fostered when parents and community members are actively welcomed and involved in the academic, social, emotional, creative and physical development of each child.
- Inclusive opportunities for students of all ability levels cultivate acceptance, compassion and the development of diverse relationships.
- Genuine relationships with teachers are essential for student development, engagement, motivation and academic success.
- Learning expeditions are powerful because they provided students with integrated, authentic learning opportunities.
- Integrated field experiences enhance each child’s education and build a strong community.
- High quality instruction must address the fact that all students are unique in their learning styles and development.
- A dynamic art, language, music and physical education program is an essential part of K-8 education.
- Students thrive in a school culture that nourishes and sustains their intrinsic motivation to learn.
- Our students are best served when teachers have the freedom to create curriculum that is responsive to students’ needs, interest, and passions.
- The thoughtful integration of technology enhances learning and prepares students for the future.