About Our School
Pathfinder K-8 is located at the Cooper Elementary Building on Pigeon Point in West Seattle.
Pathfinder K-8 is an alternative public school where children are engaged in expeditionary learning. Native American cultures are the foundation from which we teach about many cultures, providing opportunities for our students to make their own cultural connections.
Pathfinder educates students to become passionate, lifelong learners, respecting themselves, others and the environment.
At Pathfinder we believe:
- A safe, respectful environment is essential for learning.
- High academic and behavioral standards encourage children to reach their personal best.
- A complete education comes from a caring community, including the partnership of students, staff, parents and other contributors.
- Children must learn to solve problems and be responsible citizens in social and academic settings.
- Multicultural education broadens awareness of and fosters and appreciation for diversity.
- Children need current technology, and the appropriate tools and physical environment to support their learning.
- Teaching our children to respect and care for our natural environment creates future stewards for our planet.
For upcoming 2014 School Tours, please go to our Information for Prospective Families page!